10 October 2010

A touch of the south

It is Thanksgiving here this weekend and this house was full of sweet potatoes, so what to do but make something that I've not done before. Sweet potato pie rang my bell as it has that bit of the south that I find attractive!!

Once again I lazed out by using pre-made pie crust but that is life, man! The filling was actually really easy to make though. Boil up some sweet potatoes then mash them up with butter, loads of sugar, some evaporated milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and eggs. Pour the filling in the shell and pop it ij the oven for an hour or so. It made the apartment smell like heaven. Haven't eaten it yet though so let's hope it's taste and wonderful as it smells.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY LIKE IT AS WELL IF NOT BETTER THAN PUMPKIN. LOOKS REALLY GOOD!

gjc said...

It was good! Super fantastic even :)

Anonymous said...

Having eaten half of this pie, I must say that it was AMAZING! Super delicious and super tasty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails